Monday, May 25, 2009

Graduated

So. I got my associates in Political Science. Went through the 2 and a half hour ceremony, got a little shout out from my friends and 2% of my family.

Overall, it was alright.

The best part of the evening was when my friends and my favorite teacher went to a Karaoke bar!! It was awesomeness. My sisters even came for a couple hours.

Although, I have to admit, I was a little butt hurt about some of the stuff going down at my grandmas house on this particular day.

You see, I am the first in my family to obtain a college degree. I was also the first in my family to graduate high school without a criminal record and actually got to participate in the graduation ceremony.

Now, after I graduated high school - did my family throw me a graduation party?
No. I went home, and went to sleep for the rest of the weekend before going back to work on that Monday.

Now, after my college graduation - what do you think my family did?
For me. Nothing.
For my little brother - They threw him a post prom party...

And they didn't invite me.

Did I ever get a post prom party? No.
Have I ever been caught smoking weed and then two weeks later get a post prom party thrown for me? NO! but my brother did!!!

Dammit.

Oh well, I least I had fun with my friends. Did I mention that the only reason my sisters left early is because they had that post prom party to go to.


Yeah. I feel the love.

No comments: