Monday, May 17, 2010

Complications -but so far so good...

So, he and I are officially a couple.

He actually came to visit me this past weekend, which was very fun :)
So far we have managed to talk a lot. As far as I know, we have both been pretty honest and understanding with each other (I can only speak for myself of course) and our relationship is blooming nicely :)

I am really happy. I don't feel as stressed or depressed as I used to, which is a good thing for sure.
My boss and everyone keep asking me why I am so happy and smiling a lot. I guess I never realized how I didn't really smile much before.

This weekend I will be going to Monterey Bay for the first time with him and his mom :0
I like his mom, she is really sweet and talkative (I am usually not much of a talker, so this works out :)

Now for the complication...So I said before that I met him through my best friend. Something that I have found out is that 5 years ago they used to date (it wasn't even official really, it was like an ambiguous relationship). Now, surprisingly that fact doesn't bother me at all. And I pretty much consider it the past. I mean, she is my best friend so I am not going to hold it against her or him - its dumb to.

But to my surprise, my friend is the one who had a problem with us dating. And I thought it was because he did something to her before - but it turns out that its actually because she likes him still, even though she is already in a committed relationship with someone else.

He already made it clear to her that as long as he and I are in a relationship he can't even see her that way anymore. Then she promised me that she would try to accept me dating him.

Since then she hasn't really spoken to me, she rarely replies to my texts, she acts differently now and she is obviously depressed. I am not sure what to do. I love her so much, more than anyone else. I don't want this weird situation to get in the way of our friendship. I am really hoping that she will get over it and accept the situation for what it is.

I really just want my best friend back :(
I am wondering if I should just stop seeing him, but I really don't want to - I finally found something really special.

For now I will just hope that in time it will get better for us. Hopefully it all works out...

No comments: