Friday, November 06, 2009

Never Get into a Fight with a mother - You always lose.

So, our toilet is clogged.

Someone had been putting toilet paper in the toilet and it wasn't me or my roommate Kim. The only person it could of been was the other roommate.

Now, this same person told me that my hair was all over the floor and that it wasn't Kims or hers because my hair is short. So, of course I took responsibility and said I would be more careful and make sure to clean up after myself.

So, I thought that when I would mention the toilet incident that she would react the same way - take responsibility, fix the toilet etc.

Well...that didn't happen. She got all "Why do you always tell me what I am doing wrong when ever I come home?" In my face and started yelling at me out of nowhere.
And then she started saying "Well how do you know it was me, how did you know you didn't do it by mistake?" yadayadayda.

So, anyone who knows me knows that I don't fuck around, if someone gets into my face, I get right back. So a huge argument ensued, I tried to explain to her that it wasn't us (me and kim) that did it. I even went as far as to say that I didn't mean to say it the way I said it (which I wasn't aggressive in any way I just mentioned that the toilet was clogged and to be careful the next time she went in there to use it before she said "And you think I did it?" - which is a weird response to a warning??) but she still continued to yell at me and give me attitude.

Well, near the end of the argument I walked away and she said "Fuck you" and then I said "I am tired of hearing you, get the fuck out of here and go home to your kid!" And that's when my other roommates ganged up on me and was like, "You went to far RoseAnita."

You see, roommate number 3 has a kid, and so she is never at the apartment because she is always at her moms house. She really only comes to the apartment to change her cloths, shower, etc. (which I think is stupid because she is paying rent to be at the apartment when she could be at home with her mom, for free, and with her kid)

And, every time she comes home she leaves a mess that I usually end up cleaning up. Makeup all over the counter, hair all over the floor (not my hair this time,cause I sweep after I brush my hair in the bathroom) and now the toilet.

She also owes me money for utilities which she still needs to pay me (hence the reason why she said why I always tell her what shes doing wrong)

Now, I know that I was wrong in saying some things, and I could of approached the entire situation better. Bottom line, I should of been the better man and let her look like an idiot for over reacting. But something just comes over me when I get angry that I just hit below the belt.

But, I really think that if she were on top of her shit, then I wouldn't have to ask her when she is going to pay her share of the bills (since the utilities are in my name) and I wouldn't have to tell her about all the messes she makes, etc.

Anyway, now I am the bad guy in the house because of what I said about her needing to go take care of her kid.

So, as much as I don't want to (because I feel that I was the only one who was in the wrong) I am going to apologize to her.

Damn. Who knew living with other people could be so political >.<

No comments: