Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Options..

I love UCLA.
Its everything I could ask for in a school with just one big problem. It is located in LA. :(

Last quarter I felt really empty. I didn't have the support system that I had during my community college days. I had more free time than ever - but all it did was make me realize how empty my life had become. I have friends here, but I haven't really gotten close to anyone.

Another thing is that I found out my Dad has cancer. I hate that I don't get to see him that much. Especially when there might not be that much time left. And I miss seeing my grandma.

The organization I put so much time and effort into the past 3 years is crumbling. Its heart breaking, especially when it was so important to John (my cool boss who passed away last year) I feel so distant from everything that was important to me.

I am also having trouble keeping up with my expenses like my car, braces, rent, utilities. I am actually in debt right now. Sometimes I go without eating. Everything is so expensive here!

Life would just be easier if I was back in San Diego.

Possible solutions:
Quit school for a year and a half starting after this quarter and apply for admission for next Winter/Fall to UCSD. If I don't get accepted I can come back to UCLA and finish (but I wouldn't be able to go to a UC during that time...)

Take the spring quarter off- take summer and fall quarter at UCSD and then come back to UCLA during winter to finish.

Or, Suck it up and just finish the next two years here...

Either way, I can come back to UCLA. The question is do I want to take the year off and wait to transfer(if I get to transfer) for good or take the compromise....


I don't know...
I have a few weeks to think about it...

The compromise sounds nice...and I could come back for 6 months and get my degree from here...

hmm...I guess I have a lot to think about.

No comments: